This Ranch Dip makes me happy…that’s all I can really say about it. I rarely have new recipes that incorporate dairy products, but I found a fantastic plain Greek yogurt here in Germany that has absolutely NO sugar so I had to use it in something lol. I would imagine, if you look for it, you can find a brand without any sugar as well….I know Fage and Chobani are popular but I keep hearing about GMO’s in them. Their websites say Non-GMO though…who knows what to believe anymore, right?!
Grilling is necessary right now…absolutely…it is SO hot here and the air conditioner is awful. So, cooking in the kitchen does not sound appealing at all. I grilled the chicken by best charcoal grills, brushed it in wing sauce, then tossed them in wing sauce at the end as well. They were delicious! I will be making all my wings like this from now on.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken with Primal Ranch Dip Recipes
For the Chicken
- Chicken legs or wings (I used 16 small legs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- dash of cayenne
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot (or any buffalo sauce)
- 1/4 cup Kerry Gold Butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Ranch
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Paleo Mayo
- 1 tsp Onion Flakes/Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare your grill before seasoning the chicken so it has enough time to heat up.
- Season your chicken with all the seasonings, and place it on the grill.
- In a small sauce pot, heat your wing ingredients and stir until the butter is melted. Place 1/4 of the mixture in a small bowl, and the rest in a large bowl.
- After the chicken has cooked on one side, about 15 minutes, turn it over and baste with 1/4 of the sauce you reserved. After about 15 minutes, turn the chicken over and baste the other side…it only needs one coat of sauce.
- Once the chicken is done, toss in the large bowl with remaining wing sauce!
For the ranch
- In a mason jar, combine all the ranch ingredients and stir, very simple!
Just in case you do not have access to Paleo Mayo, or haven’t made it before, this is what you will need
- 1 cup light olive oil (it MUST be the light version)
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper
- Emulsion blender
- In a mason jar, add your oil and egg. Use your emulsion blender to blend them together for 30 seconds. It will start to get thick and turn white. Turn off the emulsion blender, and add in the lemon, salt and pepper. Emulsify again for another minute until thick like standard mayo. Use 1/3 of a cup for the ranch, and you can save the rest in the fridge.
If you try out the recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or hash tag #grimanesavargasanticuchos! I would love to see your creations!